Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The planning of the adventure.....

Well, it is early February, and it looks like I will be driving from Darwin to Sydney earlier than expected.

I am keen to get sponsorship for charity - it is about 4,500 klms from Darwin to Sydney via Alice Springs, Uluru, and lots of other interesting places. I am planning on taking a few weeks, maybe a month or two if it gets interesting, to complete this journey - stopping off at places like Tennent Creek, Katherine, etc. etc. etc. I was thinking that many of my wealthy, and not so wealthy, friends might like to sponsor me per Klm for a minimum of 10c per klm ($450) up to $1 per klm ($4,500). The charity I have in mind is the Salvation Army, whom I have respected all my life....

Will have to organise the truck, and get all my worldly goods from Darwin packed in (might have to buy a trailer)...!! Planning on loads of photos which I will post on this blog......

To all my facebook friends, please let me know if you are interested in sponsoring me for a wonderful organisation..... (please).

Next post should be more specific about when I will be setting off..!! Could be two weeks, or two years..!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutley love Darwin I wish I was living there now. But have a fantastic trip back to sydney. How can you sponsor?

    ReplyDelete