Friday, April 1, 2011

Qantas Museum 1






Qantas Museum has been a focal point for me on this trip having worked at the airline in the last 90's as General Manager. I was so much more impressed when I realised that the first commercial passenger was Alexander Kennedy (my name..!!) - how cool is that..!! See the sign to confirm if you don't believe me..!! I was stoaked...!! The museum lived up to my expectations and more, and I spent over three hours walking around, through, and under the 747-200 and 707 (the first one purchased by Qantas and fully restored and flown from UK back to Longreach in 2006 (I think it was)) and the museum... The 747-200 was donated by Qantas when it came out of service for Qantas in around 2005. Well worth a visit for all airline buffs. The hanger shown is the original hanger established by Qantas when it commenced operations in Longreach..!! More photos to come shortly.....

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence, could be your great,great,great granddad!

    ReplyDelete